Mind the gap: A curriculum and pedagogy focused English hub
Who is it for: Upper KS2, KS3 and KS4 English Teachers, including those with
a responsibility for curriculum.
With recent curriculum changes at both KS2 and KS4, the question is: how
can we create a truly progressive English curriculum from primary to
secondary and beyond?
In this first session we will share our curriculum priorities for this academic
year, explore the challenges we face and identify gaps we wish to close.
Hub focus areas:
- How can we create a truly progressive curriculum from KS2 - KS4 (and beyond!)?
- What's next for our KS3 English Curriculum?
- What can KS3 and KS4 learn from primary - and vice versa?
- How do we close the gap between girls' and boys' attainment?
- Taking a deep dive into reading
- Writing at 'Greater Depth'
- We ask that people bring a focus or area they are looking to develop, and one example of good practice to share with others.
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Skinner
Contact: Carol O'Brien firstname.lastname@example.org