A-level Economics content
Over this two year course, you will study areas and topics drawn from both micro and
• the economic problem and economic methodology
• individual economic decision making
• price determination in a competitive market
• production, costs and revenue
• perfect competition, imperfectly competitive markets and monopoly
• the labour market
• the distribution of income and wealth: poverty and inequality
• the market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets.
• the measurement of macroeconomic performance
• how the macroeconomy works
• economic performance
• financial markets and monetary policy
• fiscal policy and supply-side policies
• the international economy.