Introduction to our sixth form
You may not know much about Seven Kings School; we are a comprehensive school near Ilford with our own Sixth Form. We are fairly traditional in our style and approach - our Sixth Form students follow A Levels and then go on to some of the best universities to begin degree courses.
At Seven Kings Sixth Form we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and pride ourselves on the high expectations we have of all pupils. Our school motto, ‘Friendship Excellence Opportunity’ guides everything we do. We know that friendship is the cornerstone of success because pupils learn best when they feel happy, safe and secure. We believe that Seven Kings can make a radical difference to the life chances of our pupils and that we can help nurture brave, respectful, curious and kind citizens. We are proud of our inclusive approach, which is informed by the principle that a stimulating and personalised education and support for the full two years of A-Levels is an entitlement for every child. The harmonious ethos and outstanding relationships underpin all that we do and provide the foundation for the school's legacy of success. We believe that Seven Kings has so much to offer the brightest young minds in East London. Here are some of our favourites.......
- RELATIONSHIPS: Relationships between pupils and staff are at the centre of everything ‘Outstanding’ at Seven Kings. In our most recent OFSTED inspection pupils shared that “teachers set them challenging targets, and pupils value the support they receive to enable them to achieve the highest grades”
- A LEGACY OF RESULTS: Seven Kings has been at the top of its game both locally and nationally for the last 20 years. We have sent numerous pupils to Oxbridge with a “significant number” securing fantastic opportunities at top Russell Group universities or scholarships to the USA. This year we have also placed pupils on competitive apprenticeship programmes with Google, KPMG, EY, Morgan Stanley, IBM, TfL & Heathrow to name a few.
- WORLD CLASS RECOGNITION (WCSQM): Seven Kings have been awarded ‘World Class School Quality Mark'. WCSQM awards a quality mark to non-selective state schools that offer the best education to young people in the UK. Unlike other national assessment bodies they assess the student and not the school, against a framework of skills and competencies young people need to flourish in an emerging global economy.
- TRANSITION TO A-LEVELS: We have a rigorous, bespoke and exciting programme of transition in place to support all pupils to make the leap from GCSE to A Level studies. We want our pupils to relish their A Level experience and therefore we work hard to personalise our approach to welcoming all into our 6th Form.
- ENRICHMENT: Success with UCAS and other competitive destinations is based not only on excellent grades but also demonstrating a passion and curiosity for your future career or subject of study. Already this year we have offered pupils opportunities with Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, JP Morgan, PWC and Temple Bar. Our pupils take the lead on organising scholarship groups with Medicine, Law, Creative Writing, Economics, Debating and Psychology already running this year with more to follow.
- LIFE BEYOND THE CLASSROOM: As well as academic excellence we are also committed to providing opportunities outside of A-Level Studies. These include our electives programme on Thursday mornings that provides an opportunity to learn new skills, gain qualifications, be active and/or continue to develop your previous passions. Pupils love to give back to the school community and often act as ‘Primary Ambassadors’ or ‘Secondary Ambassadors’, supporting in lessons or departments and gaining valuable leadership and empathy skills.
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: Pupils value the opportunities to develop their leadership. The ‘Headship Team’, Scholarship Groups, Subject Coaching and Social Ambassadors are some of the revered roles available to future leaders who want to develop their potential at Seven Kings
Seven Kings is an ‘Outstanding’ community school. Every year we combine 50% of our ‘Old Kings’ (Current Year 11) bringing their love of learning and have learnt how to be Seven Kings learners, with 50% of the best brains across East London. Our ‘New Kings’ (External Year 11 Applicants) bring with them passion, curiosity and tenacity. Whilst we only offer traditional A Levels, we do offer a breadth of subjects nurturing future artists, engineers, geographers, mathematicians, scientists and linguists.